As a designer at Hello Games, you’ll play a key role in developing innovative, meaningful and technically exciting games enjoyed by a diverse audience of millions. You should have familiarity with all phases of game development, be self-directed, and enjoy the craft of making games.
We are a small team, and our designers are hands-on generalists, directly involved in feature development and implementation. We have designers with backgrounds in programming, scripting, 3D art and more.
You will be working closely with an efficient and experienced development team, and communication and collaboration is key. Designers here thrive when they are able to take the passion and skill of other developers and bring the perspective and eye for detail to really make the work of others shine.
- Contribute to a humble, empathetic and ambitious development team.
- Collaborate with and amplify the work of coders, artists and other designers so that it reaches the player in the strongest form it can.
- Bring the player’s perspective to features as they’re developed.
- As a hands-on implementer, drive iteration of new features, making good use of feedback from those around you.
- Work well with others, be self-directed, and prioritise your own workload.
- Communicate across the design and wider development teams, so that everyone feels invested in and understands the direction of features as they’re developed.
- Prior industry experience on a shipped title.
- Strong hands-on skills, such as in mission scripting, systems implementation or technical art.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Able to provide and respond to feedback constructively.
- Proactive approach to problem solving with good analytical skills.
- Very organised, self-motivated and able to work independently.